MAKE IT STOP, VOLUME 1January 23, 2013
I've heard people say you can never have too much of a good thing. I don't know if that's true or not, but what I do know is you can definitely have too much of a bad thing. Sometimes things are so bad that we just need to put a stop to it. Like this for example.
So I present to you: Make It Stop (Volume 1).
Retail Stores Asking For Email Addresses
- After roaming around the store for however long to stand in line for however long, the last thing I need is to spell out my email address so you can send me 1,000 emails for however long you feel like. I typically answer with, "I'm already in the system" which translates to move on. Which probably means they just type in email@example.com or something, but who cares? If I want to be on your mailing list, I'll stop by your site and sign up. Some stores even ask for my phone number or address. Really? Just hit debit/credit on your register and let's keep this transaction rolling.
Skinny Jeans (for Men)
- Remember the 90s when your mom would tell you to pull up your pants and wear a belt literally every five seconds? Nowadays (that's a word) mothers are going to their sons apologizing because they shrunk their jeans in the wash only to find out they didn't shrink at all - little Billy boy likes them that tight. What the... why? How are you able to breathe plus allow air to other parts that need it, too? This trend is weird for me. Tight pants are for girls or Steven Tyler NOT the general male population.
Slouchy, Baggy Beanie Hats
- I know these are all the rage right now, but I don't like them. I've never worn one, mainly because I cannot pull them off but also because I'm afraid I would feel the need to keep patting the back of my head to make sure it hasn't fallen off somewhere along the way. They look sloppy almost like your head is trying to bust a sag... pair that with the aforementioned skinny jeans some men are wearing and it confuses the
shit crap out of me. It's okay for your pants to be three sizes too small but your hat to be too big? Stop it.
- Jay Z said it best when he said "I know we facing a recession but the music y'all making gonna make it the Great Depression ... this is death of auto tune moment of silence". Preach. He's talking to you T-Pain and Chris Brown and Britney Spears. And Demi Lovato.
- This really makes me want to crawl in a corner and cry about the direction our society is heading. Why are we decorating our vehicles to look like elves or reindeer? Everyone knows windows don't have ears growing out of them and you look foolish with a big red nose covered in bugs dangling off the front of your PT Cruiser. I even saw a car the other day with eye lashes on the headlights. This is not a cartoon! Aren't you driving that car to work? Make it stop.
Agree? Disagree? Any trends you wish would stop? Maybe this feature... in which case, get over it. This is my therapy.